Co-Author, The Catalyst Effect
Organizational Adviser & Strategy Consultant. Learning Innovator. Instructional Designer. Speaker.
- Learning innovator and business advisor with over twenty-five years of experience in designing and developing training programs, experiential exercises, management consulting, facilitation, leadership and staff development.
- Lead author of Find Fulfill Flourish: Discover Your Future with LifePath GPS which is supported by web-based electronic exercises for helping people assess where they are in life, determine core values, and identify a personally meaningful purpose.
- Developed results-oriented and internationally-recognized programs to improve leadership, critical thinking, facilitation, sales effectiveness, customer service and loyalty, negotiating skills, presentation skills, team effectiveness and teamwork, continuous improvement, organizational change, and employee knowledge and commitment.
- Extensive experience in strategy development and organizational change for businesses and nonprofit organizations.
- Worked with major companies in virtually every industry and numerous nonprofits.
- Author, Shakespeare's Conspirator: The Woman, The Writer, The Clues (A novel about Amelia Bassano Lanier).
Areas of Expertise
- Designing and developing strategic and tactical leadership programs, and employee communications, to improve competitive business performance
- Designing and developing high-engagement experiential learning programs using discovery maps, simulations / business games, and other innovative strategies
- Developing behavioral interviewing and assessment processes (including in-boxes and simulations) for selecting high-performance leaders and employees
- Designing and guiding implementation of culture and organizational change, including building accountability and commitment at all levels
- Conducting organizational assessments and aligning systems to achieve business objectives
- Leading strategic planning and change management initiatives for nonprofit organizations
- Planning and leading executive/board retreats
- Training and facilitation at all levels
Partner, The Catalyst Effect, LLC
Steve Weitzenkorn, Ph.D., Scottsdale, AZ
- Designer and developer of experiential learning programs and interactive simulations
- Created business knowledge development simulation for Chinese market
- Designed the business simulation for Stephen M.R. Covey’s bestseller, The Speed of Trust, in conjunction with Solutions House and CoveyLink LLC
- Business and nonprofit adviser and strategist
- Nonprofit clients include community colleges, schools; financial support agencies; and social service, faith-based, and youth development organizations
Principal, HR Outfitters LLC, Scottsdale, AZ
- Provide a wide range of business and organizational development services to major corporations
- Training: leadership development, interactive and communication skills, teamwork, presentation and facilitation skills, sales and negotiation skills
- Discovery learning programs
- Leadership and strategy formation retreats
- Performance management
- Developed and led customized facilitator certification programs for Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Partner, F3 Forum, LLC, Scottsdale, AZ
- Lead Author, Find Fulfill Flourish: Discover Your Future with LifePath GPS
- Conceptual designer of flash programs to support key content and promote application of critical concepts
Vice President, Consulting Services Group, Development Dimensions International, Pittsburgh, PA 1984 - 1996
Led staff of 12 professionals providing an array of consulting and custom training program development services for large domestic and multinational companies in the areas of:
- Leadership, management, and supervisory skills development (including staff empowerment)
- Customer loyalty and service
- Sales and negotiation skills
- Quality improvement
- Team development
- Custom training videos
- Certified Facilitator
Partner, Performance Technologies, Pittsburgh, PA
Senior Staff Scientist, Applied Science Associates, Butler, PA
Director, Program Evaluation and Statistical Analysis Center, Nebraska Commission on Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice, Lincoln, NE
Awards and Recognition
- William C. Byham Award for Innovation and Excellence in Training Technology
- Henkel Award for Global HR Excellence recognized “Taking Care of Today, Taking Charge of Tomorrow” discovery learning program developed for Dial Corporation
- Find Fulfill Flourish selected as winner of the NABE Pinnacle Book Achievement Award and finalist in the Next Generation Book Awards in self-help categories.
Communal Service and Leadership
- Over 15 years of service on the boards of several nonprofit organizations
- Developed and facilitate leadership development program for nonprofit organizations in the Phoenix area.
Ph.D., Human Learning (with emphasis on Organizational Behavior), University of Nebraska – Lincoln
M.A., Counseling Psychology, University of Nebraska – Lincoln
B.A., Psychology, Ohio University
To reach Steve . . .
Email: Steve at email@example.com
Steve lives in Scottsdale, Arizona
Steve lives in Scottsdale, Arizona